Session Chair Instructions
Starting the Video Room
Login to the correct BBB server (pycon-bbb-2 for Video Room 1, pycon-bbb-3 for Video Room 2)
Go to the Organisation menu.
Switch to the Sever Room list, and select Start from the room menu on the right.
BigBlueButton room setup
Choose the room settings menu on the left.
The room should be set with the following options locked: "Share Webcam" and "Share Microphone" under the "Lock viewers" options.
Ensure that the speakers for the session are around.
Once the speaker has joined, Use the "Make presenter" and "Unlock user" options on their user in the left hand pane to give them the required permissions.
They will need to click the "Headphone" icon to connect their audio option.
Recording should be automatic. If the session isn't showing as recording, please contact the video team.
Running the talk
This is the usual session chair role:
- Make any relevant announcements.
- Introduce the speaker and hand over to them.
- During the talk, keep an eye on chat for questions to ask afterwards.
- Warn the speaker if they look to be running over time.
- After the speaker has finished, thank the speaker and handle the Q & A section, bearing the time limit in mind.
- Select a link to sound effect from the sound effects page or elsewhere:
- Copy the link.
- Play the sound effect link by sharing it as an external video.
Ending the session
At the end of the session (not end of the first talk), after all the questions for the last talk have been dealt with, choose "End Meeting" from the menu on the right.
Confirm the meeting end.